Today, we launch a very special event - a speaker series on Leading Through Adversity.
COVID is here, and it’s going to be with us for some time. To confront and deal with our new normal, I’ve personally adopted the Stockdale Paradox:
“You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose —with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.”
This paradox, named for Admiral James Stockdale, a POW during the Vietnam War, and popularized in Good to Great by Jim Collins, teaches us that confronting crisis by balancing optimism and realism was the key differentiator for the POWs who made it out versus those that didn’t.
By launching this free speaker series, Stride is doing our small part to arm you with the most progressive thinking and tools as you lead your teams through the coming months, and live your own Stockdale Paradox.
Stride Speaker Series - Leading Through Adversity
In this one-of-a-kind lineup -- we bring together experts from around the globe, from a variety of disciplines, curated to bring you a 360 degree view on best practices for leading during uncertain times:
- Return to work for technology companies - by Sequoia
- Failure is always an option - by NYC VC Charlie O’Donnell
- The pandemic of anxiety - by psychiatrist Dr. Kerry Sulkowicz
- Outcomes over output - by Josh Seiden
- Pivoting when your business model gets upended - by Meetup CEO David Siegel
- Taking smart risks in a time when everything you do is a risk - by Doug Sundheim
- Continuously learning our way to better outcomes - by Jeff Gothelf
- Learning to manage remotely may transform how we think about and practice management - by Esther Derby
- How limits empower your agility - by Diana Larsen
Each week, we host interactive talks via zoom. Sessions will be short and interactive - 20-30 minutes of content and 20-30 minutes of Q&A.
Sign up is a la carte - register for one or all - up to you.
Our first session is Tuesday, May 26th - 1-2pm EDT. Sequoia will lead us through a guide for technology companies returning to work - how to know when it’s safe, what are the best practices, what should we avoid, and more.
Looking forward to seeing you on Zoom!