About the company*
Our client was a reinsurance company working to build a next-generation reinsurance platform.
Our client was multiple years into rebuilding their reinsurance platform but still hadn’t delivered a first release. The reinsurance company was based out of different regions, with the project team distributed globally.
The development team was globally distributed with different sets of stakeholders, which created communication gaps and confusion over product features. They were off track and needed an outside perspective to help them get back on course. The client maintained a legacy monolith and engaged Stride mid-flight during their migration to distributed systems. These systems were hosted in an Azure environment and included .NET core, Node, Angular, and React.
Stride ascertained that the group could benefit from assistance across a range of agile and development processes. These practices and processes included continuous improvement of team communication, quality of retrospection process, observability, CI/CD pipelines, improved test coverage, and architectural guidance regarding legacy system upgrade-vs.-sunset decision making.
The assessment period took two weeks. Over the course of those two weeks, Stride garnered an initial understanding of the team, their context, and potential areas of improvement through observation, discussion, and collaboration.
A Stride team composed of two Principal Consultants and one Senior Product Manager worked with the client to isolate bottlenecks and uncover impediments for their rebuild. The Stride team’s activities included:
- Executive alignment meeting
- Introduction to client team to earn trust and position the Stride engagement
- Observation of agile events and team meetings
- 1:1 interviews with stakeholders and users
- 1:1 interviews with product development teams
- Review of key project artifacts, metrics, and quantitative analysis
- Agile training workshop
- Generation and presentation of work product
- Based on the findings of the assessment, our client dramatically improved their product decision-making speed and quality. In addition, the independent rebuild enabled technical execution because our client obtained the differentiated product they needed with reduced complexity and costs.
- Stride’s recommendations helped the client streamline their architecture to reduce their overhead and increase deployment frequency.
- Stride streamlined the client’s project teams to reduce inefficiencies from handoffs.
*Due to the sensitive nature of this project we have redacted all identifiable company information.